We are pleased to offer our patients the benefit of Laser Therapy. Similar to what may be found in human alternative medicine, this type of laser provides a deep-penetrating light beam that releases endorphins and stimulates injured cells to heal at a faster rate.
The benefits of therapeutic laser include:
-speeding up the healing process following injury or surgery
- helps to ease pain (by the release of endorphins) and improves mobility thereby increasing the patient’s quality of life
- offers an anti-inflammatory effect on the cells as circulation is increased
Some of the conditions that respond to therapeutic laser therapy include, but are not limited to:
* arthritis/degenerative joint disease
* hip/elbow dysplasia
* otitis (inflamed, infected ears)
* insect bites/stings
* post surgical analgesia and healing (Note: ALL of our surgical patients receive a complimentary post-operative therapeutic laser treatment)
* wounds and burns
* pyoderma (skin infections)
* lick granuloma
* cystitis (bladder infection)
Most procedures can be done as an appointment and do not require sedation.